"grace comes in different shapes and sizes, even the messy ones"

Sunday, October 20, 2013

a little taste of the Davis life

Obviously, blogging has fallen down quite a few slots on my lists of priorities, but I do intend to get back into the swing of things soon! Life has been one crazy day to the next crazy day for the last few months, and I am exhausted! Between constant homework, work, church activities, and family time, we are constantly on the go. We are in a VERY busy season of life right now, and most of the times I feel like I'm barely floating above water.

However, with all of that said, we are so blessed and God has been so faithful.  His grace is always sufficient, and somehow we get all of our little "to-do's" checked off our lists.  Jeremy and I have really been focusing on priorities, and the Lord has been showing us that we have two choices... Do alot of things really poorly or do a few things really well.  I have had to learn to say no, and opt out of certain things that just can't be a priority right now.  I have learned that I am more of a people pleaser than I ever thought I was.  Saying no is hard.  Especially when you're saying no to things that you really want to do.  God has graciously shown me that I can resist this season of life or embrace it by prioritizing our time and being faithful with the tasks He has given us.  T.V. is rarely watched in our house, casual reading is almost non-existent, and I don't even remember if we have friends anymore because it has been ages since we have done any real "hanging out"-- at this point, bed time is seriously our favorite part of the day! Although most nights, it's just not long enough.

I don't mean for this to be one big complaining post.  Please do not get me wrong... We are loving life. God is teaching us new things, our faith is being tested, our marriage is being strengthened, and we are learning more and more each day just how dependent we are upon the glorious grace of God.  Life is good.

We will be traveling to New York in just a few weeks to visit the campus Jeremy will be attending next Fall, and get a look around Albany for the first time.  We are thrilled! Jeremy and I would both appreciate your prayers as we get a small glimpse of our soon to be new home town.  It is so very exciting to finally get to see where we will be living and drive around a city we have already fallen in love with.

Eventually I will post the rest of the pictures from our summer, because we had an excellent summer and I want to be able to look back and remember all we did during our last summer in Oklahoma. Check back soon and have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS