"grace comes in different shapes and sizes, even the messy ones"

Friday, April 4, 2014

Christmas happenings 2013



Its our tradition every year on the day after Thanksgiving to set up our tree and decorate for Christmas! We always order in Chinese food and watch Elf and Frosty the Snowman. This is one of my favorite days of the whole year.  God has blessed me with such an amazing husband who loves to celebrate Christmas with me, and we have so much fun together! 







A few nights later, we headed over to my parent's house to help them decorate their tree! We watched White Christmas and had a fun time looking at all the ornaments my brother, sister, and I have made throughout the years.  Even Charlie the dog got into the Christmas spirit!






We went back to Guthrie this year for "A Territorial Christmas Carol." Its a play based on the original Christmas Carol, but with an Oklahoma twist! Its always a good time!





Jeremy surprised me with the original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"// my favorite Christmas movie // on Bluray one night when we went out to dinner! 



Later in the month, we had our annual Family Christmas Party complete with finger foods and "Its a Wonderful Life" // One of my favorite nights of the season. 






Then BIG things happened in the midst of the busy Holiday craziness... my sister, Jenny, got engaged!! So happy for her and Isaac! 


We celebrated Christmas a few days early with Jeremy's family as the last get together in their old house. They moved to Florida shortly after Christmas!




Jeremy and I always make it a point to celebrate Christmas and open presents from each other one night just the two of us! A few nights before Christmas, I made spaghetti and a fun-fetti Christmas cake and we popped in our traditional movie, "Miss Miracle" --we have alot of traditions, but that's what makes the holidays so fun! 








Christmas Eve night, we stayed the night at my parent's house, and woke up the next morning to open presents with my immediate family! My brother and sister-in-law came in town about 10 o'clock Christmas morning and spent the next few days with us! We also had a special guest with us this year, Andrea! We were so excited that God sent her into our lives, and we loved celebrating with her-- hopefully we didn't scare her away!:) 



















Christmas night, we went over to my Grandparent's house for Christmas dinner, family pictures, a sleepover, and presents the next morning! 











I didn't get any good pictures from the next morning, but we had a wonderful time opening gifts and, most importantly, spending time together. God definitely blessed our family this year, and I am so thankful for a season to celebrate His birth--the greatest gift of all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS