"grace comes in different shapes and sizes, even the messy ones"

Saturday, April 5, 2014

My husband is 24... that's old

Jeremy's birthday falls 5 days before Christmas--poor guy. He wouldn't wish that birthday on anyone, and neither would I. It's hard to get anyone together during the midst of all the holiday bustle, and most people are too "partied out" to want to celebrate something else. But he is a great sport about it, and I do everything I can to make his day set apart and special, even though it is 5 days before Christmas.  We started off the birthday celebrations, a few nights early, with dinner at my mom's house with his favorite meal-- fettucini alfredo and garlic bread-- and his favorite dessert-- chocolate cake with a chocolate chip crust. It was a fun night!









 For his birthday, I planned an entire day of all of his favorite things, and left him wondering what was on the agenda for the day.  I gave him clues along the way for him to guess where we were going next.  The morning of his birthday, I woke him up with donuts and chocolate milk and his first clue to be ready at noon for lunch.  Instead of boring you with all the clues, I'll just put the day in a nutshell. We went to lunch at Papa Angelos, shoe shopping at Dicks, ice-skating for his first time at Blazer's Ice Rink, Baron's hockey game--where we won a $100 gift card to the Baron's store, and ended the day with Waffle House with some surprise guests, my family. It was a full day, but lots of fun! Jeremy said it was his best birthday yet-- exactly what I was going for! :)






















I love celebrating Jeremy, and I'm so thankful for another year of his life! God has been nothing but good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS